Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Adventures in Lollipop Making!

Pam and I decided to try our hand at something new. Homemade lollipops!
She had this brainstorm, craving, idea....I duhno, something, a couple weeks ago. She asked my mom if she still had her sucker kit, because she thought it would be fun if we make lollipops. Lo and behold, my mom has held onto that stuff for well over 20 years! For pete's sake, she even had the flavorings! (Much to Pam's dismay, I wouldn't let her use those!)
We're wanting to make them for upcoming parties at the kids' school, birthdays, etc. So, this was our practice run. It was a rather fun time!
We made cherry and cinnamon flavored hearts. My mom has a lot of cute molds, and we both have some fun and creative ideas for them! I'm going to look on ebay for more molds and a few more items that we need. If you know of someobody that used to make 'Party Pops' in the 80's and is willing to part with any of their goods, please let me know! We'll make a deal :)

Prep

Sugary greatness
At this point, we're so excited we didn't burn anything!
Releasing them from the molds

They taste just like we remember!

2 comments:

AmberM said...

Those are soooo CUTE! And how much fun for you guys...wish I had that creative/crafty streak in me! Lisa got alllllll of those genes (haha).

PCox said...

Thanks for doing this with me!!!! Can't wait to make more and make them super cute!!!!!!!!!!