Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year and Taking a Quick Break!

I kicked 2008 in the butt as hard as I could, and said good bye without lookin' back! Welcome 2009, I'm so glad you're here!

This month, my hours at work have been temporarily (hopefully!) cut back by 10 hours a week. That gives me a bit more time to focus on my family (I've missed them over the Fall), and even more time to 'play' with my hobbies. My most favorite of which, is my blog! I started my blog as an online journal to keep our family, that's scattered about, up to date on US. The daily going's on's, doctor appointments and health updates, and pictures of our ever growing girls. It's also been an outlet for me. I talk (to myself and anyone who wants to listen) about the pleasures of raising a family, the challenges of being a work at home mom and of course...trying to please everyone! <---Okay maybe I never published those 'thoughts', but they're in there! It's a great place for me to reflect, laugh, cry and vent.

Over the last year, I've scaled back on my scrapbooking, opting to 'blurb' my blog at the end of one year. January 15th marks the first year anniversary of "Marquette4, fabulous chaos". And in celebration, I'm going to turn 2008 into a book. So, my spare time this month will be focused solely on getting that created, edited and published.

My updates this month will be a little sparce, but I will not go away completely. I CANNOT go away completely. This is a heck of a lot cheaper than a therapist ;o)

4 comments:

Watson Family said...

I started my book a couple of weeks ago and it is such a pain! Let me know if you come up with an easier way. I can't get it to "slurp" out of blogger anymore so I am having to copy and paste. Good Luck, hopefully it is something I am doing wrong.

Becca said...

Oh great! I just got the program downloaded last night, but haven't started yet. Hmm....
I'm going to call you tomorrow.

PCox said...

I'm so curious how this is going to go. I'll let you and Jenna be the ginney pigs (sp?) and then I'll learn the shortcuts from you guys. THANKS!!

AmberM said...

Your words are so inspiring! Best of luck with all that you will accomplish in the new year. And if you find that you NEED a therapist, I offer family discounts (haha). Love ya!!