Monday, January 19, 2009

My Bashas


Bless the woman, because it is a 'she', I am convinced, that invented the Basha's Cub House. No, I'm not discrediting men/dads. However, I'm pretty sure it was a woman, a Mother, who gathered a bunch of men around an oblong table that expanded three quarters of the way through a 400 sq feet meeting room, and told them that the key to increasing their bottom line in the grocery business is to put childcare in the store!
Okay, so that's a little 'Schooner Tuna' Mr.Mom-ish, but that's how I picture it coming to fruition five years ago!
I love Bashas! As korny as it may sound. The commercial, where the florist so heartfully states "this is MY Bashas"(you know you can hear it in your head)....that's how I feel when I walk through the doors of MY Bashas!
The girls ask, on a pretty regular basis if we can go grocery shopping just because Basha's has "super funner toys than we have". And quite honestly, if it's a day that we're needing out of the house for a few, I oblige! Sick, huh?!
Now, the problem with Bashas is that their prices are a little high. I, the self proclaimed Frugal Frida, that's always searching for a bargain and shopping sales and discounts, can actually justify higher priced groceries to have thirty (or 50 ;o) ) minutes of uninterrupted, mindless, aisle roaming grocery shopping!
So Thank You, almighty Mother, woman who, after her kids were grown and well into college, went back to the corporate world searching for a supermarket chain that would listen to her pitch, her cry for peace and solace while grocery shopping. Now, should she be reading this...could you please talk them into installing margaritas on tap?!

4 comments:

Lori said...

LOL LOL! You crack em up!

AmberM said...

Wow! I'm totally jealous...you guys got it goin' on in Arizona!!

Krissy said...

That sounds like heaven! We need one here.

Kim said...

I AGREE!!! One of the moms from Ben's school is also a regular there - - we often see each other "browsing" the isles of Bashas and wink and laugh at each other that the kids are happy, we get quiet time and hey, what's the rush??!!