Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's the little things

Simple little things last week that made me so happy!

* Conal calling me on the way home from work on Friday to talk about his day, and him doing ALL the talking! Once he's home, we can hardly get a private conversation in, and he doesn't talk about work much.
* My MOM bringing me a free 2-liter Diet Dr. Pepper coupon
* Taylor kissing my butt as I walk by (don't ask, it's her eye level and she means nothing by it, but her grand gesture of affection)
* A random drop in visit from Tay's old PT who we haven't seen since June, just to see how the girls have grown!
* Hayden's excitement over her first school friend birthday invitation
* A phone call from Tay's old feeding therapist who we haven't seen or heard from in a year and a half
* Popcorn
* No bills in the mail
* Meeting up with Kristy to go to a movie, no dinner or dessert, just a movie. Not having to talk much, but she just 'knows'.
* Listening to my Taylor Swift cd over and over and over again!
* Not feeling the need to entertain the kids with anything other than homemade projects and games
* A friendly competition to see who can hold out on chocolate the longest (Shh...I lost, just 30 minutes into it. Don't tell Con. Dang those Butterfingers!) Hey, we all need a cheat sometime ;o)
* The smell of my $3 Vanilla Cupcake candle from Michaels. (I think that's what contributed to my need for sweets!)
* Bedtime stories and morning snuggles

No comments: