Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to 'Normal'?

My dad came home from the hospital yesterday. After getting his hopes shot down at the Nth hour on Saturday, he had no hopes for going home until he was being wheeled out that door. The girls and I went up to visit him in the morning. We left his room about 10:15. I spoke to my mom at 11:00 and she was heading out the door to get him. He's relieved to go home. 12 days in a hospital is a long time. His room was dull and drab and that doesn't help. Although there were some pretty flower bouquets and gift baskets from friends of theirs and Pam's! It's just nice to know that he's now resting at home!

My boss comes back to work tomorrow. YAY!! I will then drop back to my normal hours (20-ish..give or take a few. Usually give...) and continue to help out with event service..so add another 15/week. BUT...that's so much better then these last two weeks and more of what we're used to! I can't complain, I love my job, it's just been overwhelming on top of 'real life' these last two weeks!

Last night, Brothers and Sisters came back on TV...I helped with the kids' bedtime routine, ate a piece of pie and fell asleep on the couch. Now that's more like it! I will start back up with Weight Watchers today, do some laundry, mop the floor and work in between. I figure I will 'maintain' the company, but unless there's anything pressing, she can pick it up tomorrow :)

So....seems like things might be getting back to normal. Conal has said a few times over the last few days that he's missing our routine. We're all outta whack and hopefully, today that can re-set!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad your dad is doing better! Routine is not all bad sometimes, huh? Have a great week!

Kristy said...

I am glad your dad got to come home. I bet he will start feeling a ton better now just getting to be home and out of the hospital! I am glad things are getting back to normal for you. Sometimes being in a rut is a good thing. ha ha