Friday, April 18, 2008

Oh Minnie

I know, I know....I'm such a pushover. Conal and I love spoiling the kids. Then, in the same breath, we get mad at ourselves for spoiling them because they will do something that doesn't warrant such kind gestures.

However, we never seem to learn our lesson. Whether big or small, usually small, we can't control ourselves.
Hayden is a big Disney freak (that's where Tay gets it). She's into Disney plush toys. She has Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Pluto and Daisy. She has a Minnie, but it's kind of a generic, really fuzzy one. She calls her "funny lookin' Minnie".
Okay, so San Tan Village now has a Disney store. We went to the mall a couple of different times over a one week period. Our trip is now, what is becoming a tradition, capped off with a visit to the Disney store. The girls (both of them) know not to ask for a single thing. Asking for a toy means that we will leave on the spot. And I do hold firm to that. Well, the second we walk into the store they head over to the plush toys display. Hayden picks up a Minnie and carries it around the store with us. She talks to her and kisses her when we leave. Yet, she's never asked for it. Not once. Instead, when we get in the car, she tells me how she's going to ask Santa for it, or maybe ask for her birthday.
When I was shopping for Tay's Nemo plush for her birthday, I decided to get Hayden a Minnie. It was a 2 for $20 deal that I couldn't pass up. Basically, only $6 more for the second, a bargain!! I kept it in a bag for a week with intentions of giving it to her before we go on our Disneyland trip.
I caved...I gave it to her after Taylor opened her Nemo last week. She was a such a good girl that day, and a great helper at home and school and I just wanted to give her a special treat. She was quite thrilled...and completely surprised.

No comments: