Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Queue the Zoo


Last Thursday I decided that I was fed up with being couped up inside...fed up with work...fed up with feeling like I was ignoring the girls. So, with Conal's encouragement that morning, I took them to the zoo and blew off reality! We're running out of Spring days out here, so I've been bumming that I haven't been enjoying the last of the 80's. This 88 degree day made up for it!

We had a great time and Hayden did not expect to do something so fun that day! She has a ritual while she's eating her breakfast every morning. We review the day, date, year and time. She then follows up with "what are we doing at our house today Mommy"? Every day..... she is my creature of routine! Over the last 3 weeks I've responsed with a somber, "Nothing..you guys are playing and going to stay out of trouble while Mommy works". So, this was a fun change...and caught her by surprise!

We arrived around noon and stayed until about 3p. It was kinda crowded with school groups, but the nice thing about a membership is you're not required to see the WHOLE zoo each time...and you can do the more obscure things that aren't too popular when the elephants are too crowded! They wore their bathing suits and cover ups, as it's now summer here, and anywhere we go needs to, in some sense, revolve around water. At least in the mind of a four year old! So..we be-bopped around the zoo for about an hour and a half and they spent the rest of the time at the splash pad. We finished the day with sno-cones and a ride on the ever famous carousel! I really enjoyed my girls, I think that was one of the most fun days I've had with them in a long time!

1 comment:

harbfam00 said...

Dang Bec...look at those legs on Hayden!All the kids are growing so fast.